Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Night of Power for Christians

“Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:39

“Numerous Christian workers in this land have had dreams of a big tsunami wave coming,” one of my colleagues wrote from a North African country. She was not referring to a geophysical earthquake tsunami which recently happened in Japan, but rather a mighty move of God in the Islamic world that will accomplish His purposes. A tidal wave of His eternal love is gathering force in the Islamic world.

Greg, a colleague in a western country, shared his dream with me wondering if there was an interpretation. He rarely had dreams of this nature. He had a dream about a tsunami wave coming and bringing destruction but he was high up and safe. Someone tried handing him a baby through the window, desperate for it to be rescued. He wanted to know the meaning. Hmm…another dream of a tsunami wave.

Just before these two reports I had a graphic dream about living very high in an apartment building. I was walking towards my apartment when a Somali woman met up with me. I invited her to my apartment. She told me of three Somali women who had become Christians, although she didn’t disclose she was. Then I walked over to the living room window and motioned for this nameless Somali woman to come and see the view of the expansive ocean. Suddenly before our eyes the calm beautiful ocean turned into a tsunami wave and came barrelling towards us with huge force and speed. It came crashing down on all the people and buildings below us but we were untouched high above the tsunami wave. I couldn’t believe it that we could see the destruction but not be touched by it. Why am I with this Somali woman? At that I awoke. What was the meaning of that, I wondered?

During Ramadan Christians are praying for Muslims to have powerful dreams of Isa during their much anticipated Night of Power when they believe Allah will do or say something special. But, I believe God wants to give praying Christians their “Night of Power”, too. I don’t think it is a coincidence that numerous Christians involved in Muslim ministry are having similar dreams of a tsunami wave. The prophet Joel prophesied long ago that in the end times men and women will have dreams and visions. It is God’s kairos time to sweep into the Islamic world. In these end times God’s powerful love; especially towards Muslims will be poured out in waves of great magnitude. God loves Muslims and He doesn’t want any to perish. I believe the next tsunami wave of the Spirit will reach Muslim women like we’ve never witnessed before. We can see it in the distance and it’s coming.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you that you are giving both Christians and Muslims dreams. Amazing! In Jesus’ name, Amen.