Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sign in the Sky

“The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” John 1:5

Returning home from an evening walk on August 23, 2012 at 7:40 p.m. I was stunned to see a big cloud formation in the sky that looked like the map of Africa. How could that be, I wondered? It had to be created by the finger of God. Around the northern part of Africa the setting sun had traced a golden border lining the cloud. It came around and bordered the Horn of Africa, Somalia. I just stared and stared at it. But what really got my attention was that the entire country of Somalia on this heavenly map was all filled in solid with that golden shiny light from the sun. It was the only place on the whole cloud map of Africa. I quickly ran to the house to find the camera but unfortunately my husband had taken it with him when he went out a few hours earlier. I wanted to document that amazing cloud formation and golden lighted area by camera. Now I can only relay what I saw. I was in shock at what I saw. What was God communicating? It was clearly a sign in the sky. But why should I be shocked or surprised? The Bible is clear that there will be increasing signs in the sky as we approach the end times. I guess what shocked me the most was wondering how Somalia could be flooded with light? It is one of the most spiritually dark places on the planet. One thing it communicated to me is that God loves Somalia and wants to flood the nation with His light and truth. There is hope. He hears the cries of the Somalis and sees their plight. The flood of light is coming in greater and greater fullness. The Voice of New Life(Nolosha Cusub on radio and internet)is reaching Somalis within Somalia and wherever Somalis live. Then there are many individual Christians and some churches reaching out to Somali refugees in many parts of the world. This is frontier missions! Perhaps He has chosen you to participate with Him in flooding the nation with His light and truth. He wants to use you!

It’s interesting that when my dad, the late Warren Modricker, was trying to discern where God wanted to send him to spread the Good News of Jesus Christ, he laid out a map on the floor. He asked God to send him to the hardest place. Then he placed his finger on a specific place. His finger rested on a place in Somalia. He listened to God’s Spirit and obeyed and spent 50 years, along with my mother, ministering among the Somalis. All of us six children paid a price. It was not easy. Today I count it a high privilege to be part of history. There was very little Light which had penetrated that land before mom and dad arrived there but today more and more Light is breaking in. Praise God!

Dear heavenly Father, I don’t know why You showed me this cloud picture but I ask You to use it in some way. In Jesus’ name, Amen.